Developing informative, original, shareable content – and leading others who do the same – is what Bill does best.
Bill is a Pulitzer Prize-winning print and digital journalist, accomplished storyteller, sports editor, and team leader. He offers a proven record of success in producing entertaining, insightful, and impactful stories, projects, and multi-media packages that generate and retain readers.
He currently serves as the the Social/News Strategist for Golfweek. At Golfweek, he edits the Golfweek.com website, manages the site’s editorial staff and its multiple social feeds. He also edits SEC Country’s Dawg Nation website and manages the DawgNation Facebook feed, which has more than 450,000 followers.
Bill was Denver Post Night Sports Editor when it won a Pulitzer for coverage of the Columbine shootings. He was Orlando Sentinel Deputy Sports Editor when it earned its only APSE Triple Crown.
He built the Obnoxious Boston Fan brand on Boston.com from 2011-15 into a unique and powerful voice in the competitive Boston market. He currently writes the OBF column for the Boston Herald. He appears on Fox 25’s Sports Wrap and as a regular on-air guest on WEEI and WAAF in Boston.
Bill produced more than 250 ESPN.com by-lines and edited for the site. He reports for Bleacher Report and has written for CBSSports.com and Kansas City Star.
Bill’s work balances emerging technologies with the core journalistic principles of accuracy, balance, and integrity.
A double-organ transplant survivor, Bill was called the embodiment of “Boston Strong” by MSNBC political analyst John Feehery.
• Proven ability to craft and edit targeted content
• Balancing multiple tasks and projects on deadline. His teams achieve results others consider impossible on-time and within budget
• Planning and coordinating coverage
• Managing multiple social media accounts
• Communications, journalism, storytelling, copy editing, headline writing, reporting, content creation, idea generation, art direction, leadership, project development, crisis management
The next move is yours. Let’s talk.